EMS Scholarship Program
You might qualify for scholarships for EMS training and education. For more information, complete the form below. Once completed a representative will reach out to you to gather more information.
Courses can be in-person, online, or hybrid.
- Up to $2000.00 per student that completes an EMT class including books, materials and one NREMT exam fee.
- Up to $3200.00 per student that completes an AEMT class including books, materials and one NREMT exam fee.
- Up to $8000.00 per student that completes a Paramedic class including books, materials and one NREMT exam fee.
- Students must commit to serving:
- One year as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Two years as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) or Paramedic if upgrading your certification
Within 90 days of completing a DSHS approved EMS course students must:
- Pass the National Registry exam
- Complete State certification process.
- Begin working or volunteering for a DSHS licensed EMS Provider
Scholarships are provided by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to approved EMS Education programs or licensed EMS providers. Scholarships are available based on documented need, with special attention given to rural and underserved areas within Texas.
Download the Application Packet